Environmental Input-output Analysis
- Hubacek K. and K. Feng (2016). Comparing apples and oranges: Some confusion about using and interpreting physical trade matrices versus multi-regional input–output analysis. Land Use Policy. Volume 50. Page: 194-201.
- Duarte R., K. Feng, K. Hubacek, J. Sánchez-Chóliz, C. Sarasa and L. Sun (2016). Modeling the carbon consequences of pro-environmental consumer behavior. Applied Energy. (In press)
- Acquaye A. A., F. A. Yamoah and K. Feng (2015). An integrated environmental and fairtrade labelling scheme for product supply chains. International Journal of Production Economics. Volume 164. Issue Page: 472-483.
- Feng K., S. J. Davis, L. Sun and K. Hubacek (2015). Drivers of the US CO2 emissions 1997-2013. Nature Communication. Volume 6.
- Liu Z., S. J. Davis, K. Feng, K. Hubacek, S. Liang, L. D. Anadon, B. Chen, J. Liu, J. Yan and D. Guan (2015). Targeted opportunities to address the climate-trade dilemma in China. Nature Climate Change. (In press)
- Liu Z., K. S. Feng, K. Hubacek, S. Liang, L. D. Anadon, C. Zhang and D. B. Guan (2015). Four system boundaries for carbon accounts. Ecological Modelling. Volume 318. Page: 118-125.
- Liu Z., D. Guan, W. Wei, S. J. Davis, P. Ciais, J. Bai, S. Peng, Q. Zhang, K. Hubacek, G. Marland, R. J. Andres, D. Crawford-Brown, J. Lin, H. Zhao, C. Hong, T. A. Boden, K. Feng, G. P. Peters, F. Xi, J. Liu, Y. Li, Y. Zhao, N. Zeng and K. He (2015). Reduced carbon emission estimates from fossil fuel combustion and cement production in China. Nature. Volume 524. Issue (7565). Page: 335-338.
- Lu Y., B. Chen, K. Feng and K. Hubacek (2015). Ecological network analysis for carbon metabolism of eco-industrial parks: a case study of a typical eco-industrial park in Beijing. Environ Science & Technology. Volume 49. Issue (12). Page: 7254-7264.
- Prell C. and K. Feng (2015). Unequal Carbon Exchanges: The Environmental and Economic Impacts of Iconic U.S. Consumption Items. Journal of Industrial Ecology. (In press)
- Prell C., L. Sun, K. Feng and T. W. Myroniuk (2015). Inequalities in Global Trade: A Cross-Country Comparison of Trade Network Position, Economic Wealth, Pollution and Mortality. PLoS ONE. Volume 10. Issue (12). Page: e0144453.
- White D. J., K. Feng, L. Sun and K. Hubacek (2015). A hydro-economic MRIO analysis of the Haihe River Basin's water footprint and water stress. Ecological Modelling. Volume 318. Page: 157-167.
- Xin L., K. Feng, Y. L. Siu and K. Hubacek (2015). Challenges faced when energy meets water: CO2 and water implications of power generation in inner Mongolia of China. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. Volume 45. Page: 419-430.
- Xu Z., J. Liu, Q. Liu, M.R Tillotson, D. Guan, K. Hubacek (In Press). Real and virtual Water Transfers for Regional Water Stress Alleviation in China. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
- Prell C., K. Feng, L. Sun, M. Geores, and K. Hubacek (2014). The global economic gains and environmental losses of US consumption: A World-systems and Input-Output Approach. Social Forces Volume 93, Issue 1. Pages: 405-428.
- Feng K., X. Li, Y. L. Siu, K. Hubacek (2014). The energy and water nexus in Chinese electricity production: A hybrid life cycle analysis. Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews. Volume 39. Pages 342–355.
- Feng K., S. Pfister, Y. Yu, L. Sun, K. Hubacek (2014). Virtual Scarce Water in China. Environmental Science & Technology. Volumn 48. Issue 14. Pages:7704-7713.
- Prell K., K. Feng, K. Hubacek (2013). Economic vulnerability to Peak Oil. Global Environmental Change. Volume 23. Issue 6. Pages: 1424–1433.
- Yu Y., K. Hubacek, K. Feng (2013). Tele-connecting local consumption to global land use.
Global Environmental Change. Volume 23. Issue 5. Pages: 1178–1186.
- Feng K., J. Davis, X. Li, D. Guan, L. Sun, W. Liu, L. Zhu, K. Hubacek (2013). Outsourcing CO2 within China. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS). Volumn 110. Issue 28. Pages:11654-11659.
- Feng K., A. Chapagain, S. Suh, S. Pfister, K. Hubacek (2011). Comparison of bottom-up and top-down approaches to calculating the water footprints of nations. Economic Systems Research. Volumn 23. Issue 4. Pages:1-15.
- Minx J.C., G. Baiocchi, G.P. Peters, C.L. Weber, D. Guan and K. Hubacek (2011). Carbonizing Dragon: China’s fast growing CO2 emissions revisited. Environmental Science & Technology. Volumn 45. Issue 21. Pages:9144–9153.
- Feng K., K. Hubacek, Y.L. Siu, D. Guan (2011). Assessing Regional Virtual Water Flows and Water Footprints in the Yellow River Basin, China. Applied Geography. Volume 32. Issue 2. Pages 691-701.
- Baiocchi G., Minx, J.C., and Hubacek, K. (2010), “The Impact of Social Factors and Consumer Behavior on CO 2 Emissions in the UK: A Regression Based on Input-Output and Geodemographic Consumer Segmentation Data,” Journal of Industrial Ecology, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 50–72.
- Baiocchi, G., and Minx, J.C. (2010),“Understanding Changes in the UK’s CO 2 Emissions: A Global Perspective.” Environmental Science & Technology, Vol. 44, No. 4, pp. 1177–
- Steinberger J., Roberts T., Peters G., Baiocchi G. (2012), “Pathways of human development and carbon emissions embodied in trade,” Nature Climate Change, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp.
- Creutzig, F., G. Baiocchi, R. Bierkandt, P.-P. Pichler and K. C. Seto (2015). "Global typology of urban energy use and potentials for an urbanization mitigation wedge." Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 112(20): 6283-6288.
Social Network Analysis
- Prell C., K. Feng, L. Sun, M. Geores, and K. Hubacek (2014). The Economic Gains and Environmental Losses of US Consumption: A World-Systems and Input-Output Approach. Social Forces. Volume 93. Issue 1. Pages: 405-428.
- Christian K., C. Prell, K. Feng and K. Hubacek (2013). Economic vulnerability to Peak Oil. Global Environmental Change. Volume 23. Issue 6. Pages: 1424–1433.
- Prell C., K. Hubacek, M. Reed and L. Racin. (2010). The role of formal and informal structures in shaping land management views: social networks versus organizational affiliations. Ecology & Society. 15(4):34.
- Prell C., K. Hubacek, M. Reed (2009). Stakeholder analysis and social network analysis in natural resource management. Society and Natural Resources. Volumn22. Issue 6. Pages:501-518.
- Prell, Christina; Sun, Laixiang; Feng, Kuishuang. (In Press) "Inequalities in global trade: A cross-country comparison of trade network position, pollution and mortality". Plos One.
- Prell, C., Sun, L. (In Press). Inequalities in the world economy: A cross-country comparison of trade network position, economic wealth, pollution and mortality. Environmental Sociology.
- Prell C. (In Press). The Co-evolution of International Trade Networks and Air Pollution, Social Networks.
- Prell, C., Lo, Y. (In Press). Network strategies and knowledge gains. Journal of Mathematical Sociology.
- Prell, C. (In Press). Globalization and inequalities: A cross-country comparison of network position, wealth, and pollution. The Social Science Journal.
- Prell, C., Feng, K. (In Press). Unequal carbon exchanges: The Environmental and economic impacts of iconic US consumption items. Journal of industrial ecology.
- 2°C and SDGs: United they stand, divided they fall? (2016) Christoph von Stechow, Jan C Minx, Keywan Riahi, Jessica Jewell, David L McCollum, Max W Callaghan, Christoph Bertram, Gunnar Luderer and Giovanni Baiocchi, Environmental Research Letters 11(3):034022· March
- Ling P.Y., Baiocchi G., Chengquan H. (2016), “Estimating Annual Influx of Carbon to Harvested
Wood Products Linked to Forest Management Activities Using Remote Sensing.” Climatic Change. pp 1-14.
- Ahmad, S., Baiocchi G., Creutzig F. (2015), “CO2 Emissions from Direct Energy Use of Urban Households in India.” Environmental Science & Technology. 49(19), pp. 11312–11320
- Baiocchi G., Creutzig F., Minx J. and Pichler P. (2015), “A spatial typology of human settlements and their CO2 emissions in England.” Global Environmental Change. Volume 34, September, Pages 13–21.
- Creutzig F., Baiocchi G., Bierkandt, R., Pichler P., and Seto K. (2015), “A Global Typology of Urban Energy Use and Potentials for an Urbanization Mitigation Wedge.” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (PNAS).
- Zafirakis, D., Chalvatzis K. J., Baiocchi G. (2015),“Embodied CO2 emissions and cross-border electricity trade in Europe: Rebalancing burden sharing with energy storage.” Applied Energy, Vol. 143. pp. 283–300.
- Victor D., Gerlagh R., and Baiocchi G. (2014), “Climate policy: Getting serious about categorizing countries” Vol. 345, Issue 6192, July, pp. 34–36. Science.
Integrated dynamic earth systems and climate models
- Motesharrei, Safa, Jorge Rivas, Eugenia Kalnay, Ghassem Asrar, Antonio Busalacchi, Robert Cahalan, Mark A. Cane, Rita Colwell, Kuishuang Feng, Rachel Franklin, Klaus Hubacek, Fernando Miralles-Wilhelm, Takemasa Miyoshi, Matthias Ruth, Roald Sagdeev, Adel Shirmohammadi, Jagadish Shukla, Jelena Srebric, Victor Yakovenko, and Ning Zeng. (In Press). “Population, Inequality, and Resource-Use: Modeling Sustainability Requires Bidirectional Coupling of the Earth and Human Systems.” National Science Review.(In press)
- Li, Yan, Maosheng Zhao, Safa Motesharrei, Qiaozhen Mu, Eugenia Kalnay, and Shuangcheng Li. 2015. “Local Cooling and Warming Effects of Forests Based on Satellite Observations.” Nature Communications 6 (March). doi:10.1038/ncomms7603.
- Li, Yan, Nathalie De Noblet-Ducoudré, Edouard L. Davin, Safa Motesharrei, Ning Zeng, Shuangcheng Li, and Eugenia Kalnay. 2016. “The Role of Spatial Scale and Background Climate in the Latitudinal Temperature Response to Deforestation.” Earth System Dynamics 7 (1): 167–81. doi:10.5194/esd-7-167-2016.
- Li, Yan, M. Zhao, D.J. Mildrexler, S. Motesharrei, Q. Mu, E. Kalnay, F. Zhao, S. Li, and K. Wang. 2016. "Potential and Actual impacts of deforestation and afforestation on land surface temperature." Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres (under review).
- Li, Yan, E. Kalnay, F. Kucharski, S. Motesharrei, N. Zeng, D. Kirk-Davidoff. 2016. "Climate impacts of simulated large windmills and solar panel farms in the Sahara in a model with coupled dynamical vegetation" (in preparation)